Friday, August 7, 2015

Remnants of Sunset through the Devil's Doorway

Remnants of Sunset through the Devil's Doorway,
at Devil's Lake State Park, WI.

For the upper midwest, this is a massive granite monument.  People can climb it to get a great view of the lake and valley below them.  And sunsets with a half-moon like this are stunning.

I came to Devil's Lake for the first week of Summer and it just makes me realize how much I want to search for these photo opportunities.  Speaking of opportunities, what you don't see here are two rock climbers that are on the other side of this formation.

I came up here with +Adam Dooley and we stuck to the paths for the non-rock climbers.  I said to him, it will be a great place to photograph, and who knows, we just might find a rock climber or two.  At the end of this trip, he turned to me and said, "Tony, we need to get in better shape because we need to do more things like this."

I took this set of photos hand held, and the HDR was done by Google.  Enjoy.

#devilslake #wisconsin #discoverwisconsin #rockclimbing #sunsets #moonviews #halfmoon #wisconsinbluffs #wisconsinstateparks #nature #hdr #googlehdr #handheld #monuments #naturalmonuments #midwestmoment #whispyclouds #longsunsets #onlyinwisconsin