Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Abstract Photography and Chicago's Mary Bartelme Park


I tried out #AbstractPhotography for the first time back on August 15th while going out to a +Drink and Click ™ Chicago event hosted by +Lauri Novak. My brother, +Adam Dooley asked me to go and I just so happened to be available to drive down from La Crosse and take part. We went to the Mary Batelme Park in the west loop neighborhood (http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Bartelme-Mary-Park). 

There is a fountain feature that looks like 5 off-centered frames that people can walk around and through. On hot days, it sprays a cool mist for everyone to enjoy. But the rest of the time, you can enjoy the lighting and aesthetics it brings to the area and the city as a whole. 

However, while I was there, I remembered some videos on +YouTube by Chelsea and +Tony Northrup about how to take abstract photographs. My mind lit up with the strength of the lights used to display the fountain at night.

For more information on the people that designed Mary Bartelme Park: 
http://www.site-design.com/projects/urban-park-design-chicago/