Sunday, August 23, 2015

A White Crane visits La Crosse, WI.

A White Crane visits La Crosse, WI.

This guy actually decided to land and sit at the top of a dead tree almost right over my head. I realized, there was no way he was making that tree home. That meant all I had to do was wait for this guy to spread his wings and fly.

It was also early morning so the sun was still low and warm. When this guy flew off, there was a chance to get a decent shot. And then he banked to the right, showing me everything you see here.

I might not be a "birder" but I did enjoy doing some #birding that morning. 

This was at Myrick Park Marsh, La Crosse, WI. morning of August 22nd, 2015.

#birding #discoverwisconsin #explorelacrosse #lacrossewi#wisconsin #whitecrane #whitebird #wideopenwings#spreadyourwingsandfly #bigbird #lifeinthemarsh #marshlife#wildlife #wisconsinlife